FLYNEXX® GRANULES (For poultry, swine, bovine,
and equine operations)
Convenient and proven fly control at the larval stage
In commercial chicken, hog, and cattle operations as well as horse barns, FLYNEXX® Granules from Piedmont Animal Health offer an effective and hassle-free way to control flies and meet compliance obligations.
Sprinkled dry or mixed with water and sprayed on animal manure, FLYNEXX® Granules contain an insect growth regulator that kills the larvae of several species of flies—stopping development before flies take wing.
Easy fly prevention
FLYNEXX® Granules can be sprinkled dry on manure or mixed with water and used as a spray.
With the initial application, an adulticidal product is recommended to kill adult flies. Thereafter, regular use of FLYNEXX® Granules prevents fly larvae from maturing. No maturing flies means fewer fly problems.
FLYNEXX® Granules are available in cost-effective, convenient 35-lb bags. Each bag treats 7,000 square feet (200 square feet per pound).
Case study using FLYNEXX® Granules and the 1-2-3 Pit™ MULTI-USE Applicator
Tom Gillespie, DVM, Dip ABVP (Swine Health Management), and case manager Kevin Thorne
- Evaluate FLYNEXX® Larvicidal Granules for control of flies using 1-2-3 PIT™Applicator in a swine finishing facility with eight rooms housing 8,560 swine (1,070 per room) in the Eastern Corn Belt
- Collect adult flies and oral fluids from ropes to evaluate the presence of bacteria and viruses
- Fully Treated: The fully treated room showed a 54.2% decrease in adult fly counts
- Untreated: The untreated control rooms had increased fly counts ranging from 40% to 2,036%
- A surprisingly high number of bacteria were identified by the bacteriologist
- House flies are indeed carriers of multiple species of bacteria which can have negative consequences for producers
- House fly control is necessary to reduce the transmission of bacteria within a room to animals and humans
- Flynexx® Granules provide an effective means of significantly reducing house fly burdens in swine operations
(BEFORE THEY TAKE OFF)