HASSLE-FREE SOLUTIONS FOR SWINE
ISSUES THAT DON’T GO AWAY
From flies to sludge, Piedmont Animal Health helps swine producers take control of some of their toughest challenges.
Our FLYNEXX™ Granules offer a convenient, easy path to long-term fly control – keeping your animals healthier and less stressed.
Indoors, ABC-PIT!™ provides a liquid biologic solution for your hog pits – reducing odor and scum and improving pumpability.
Outdoors, use animal-safe Sludge Buster™ Lagoon Tabs to naturally digest solids and muck in your waste lagoons. Just toss them in, and beneficial bacteria do all the work.
Case study using FLYNEXX® Granules and the 1-2-3 Pit™ MULTI-USE Applicator
Tom Gillespie, DVM, Dip ABVP (Swine Health Management), and case manager Kevin Thorne
- Evaluate FLYNEXX® Larvicidal Granules for control of flies using 1-2-3 PIT™Applicator in a swine finishing facility with eight rooms housing 8,560 swine (1,070 per room) in the Eastern Corn Belt
- Collect adult flies and oral fluids from ropes to evaluate the presence of bacteria and viruses
- Fully Treated: The fully treated room showed a 54.2% decrease in adult fly counts
- Untreated: The untreated control rooms had increased fly counts ranging from 40% to 2,036%
- A surprisingly high number of bacteria were identified by the bacteriologist
- House flies are indeed carriers of multiple species of bacteria which can have negative consequences for producers
- House fly control is necessary to reduce the transmission of bacteria within a room to animals and humans
- Flynexx Granules provide an effective means of significantly reducing house fly burdens in swine operations
Click on the product names below to learn more.